Monday, April 23, 2012

All About Us!


Welcome to The Crazy Daisy Teacher Ladies Blog!  We are so excited to start blogging and get even more inspired from all the wonderful blogger out there! Happy Reading!

  Crazy Daisy Teacher Ladies, Arlene and Katie 

Hi! I’m Crazy Daisy, Arlene, and I have been teaching for seven years and this is my fifth year teaching first grade. I absolutely love teaching first grade and I feel so blessed to be part of a wonderful church and school. I have a Bachelor’s in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Exercise and Nutrition and I recently earned a Masters degree in Elementary Teacher Education and have plans to further my education in the near future. My hobbies include; being a “crazy daisy teacher “with my crazy daisy partner who is an amazing teacher and sister in Christ!  She is filled with creativity and passion which is sooo evident in her work! Wait until you see her stuff! Truly…it’s awesome….amazing…spectacular… I feel so blessed to be her teaching partner,…and I have already taken the title of being her Biggest Fan!! Go Katie!!!    Okay………back to the hobbies….I enjoy jogging with my dog Rocky, reading the bible , crocheting, and spending time with my wonderful family. My husband Bob is an incredible person, a supportive husband and a loving father and I admire him greatly. Many people call him “Bob the Builder” as he is an amazing craftsman! Joseph, my oldest son is 9 years old, and is a big fourth grader this year. He loves flag football, bowling and enjoys playing the guitar. Joshua, my youngest, is eight and is in second grade, yikes! (I don’t know about this…..he is my baby.)  He loves jamming on the drums, bowling, and any kind of sports. As a family, we like boating, ice skating, taking long walks, geocaching, camping, and taking road trips in our RV!
     My personal teaching philosophy is T.I.M.E. I am committed to using my time in the classroom to teach, inspire, motivate, educate, engage and, equip my students.  I will teach my students the TRUTH through the Word of God; I will inspire them to strive for excellence.  I will motivate them to learn and actively participate.  I will educate them in the core academic subjects, I will engage them with several “Crazy Daisy” strategies, and I will equip them with the tools necessary to further their academic, spiritual, social and emotional growth to ultimately help them (and meJ) be steadfast Disciples of ChristJ
     If you walked into my Crazy Daisy classroom, you’ll find a coach and a cheerleader leading the class in a jingle or a chant and the class actively engaged and participating while learning and having fun!  (…….  well most of the time t-hee!). You’ll also find the students working independently, while the coach observes and guides each student in their individual benchmark task. You might also see a group of students collaborating about the current lesson, students working at centers, and students reading independently while the coach is encouraging and guiding a leveled reading group. If you’re lucky enough you might see the entire class dancing, stretching, and being silly to upbeat music.(yes even the crazy daisy). Kind of goofy, I know… but a lot of fun and needed time to release the wiggles and take a brain a break!
     I am committed to doing my best for every student God has placed in my care. I look forward to sharing, learning and growing from all of you who visit our Crazy Daisy Teacher Ladies blog!......  17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

 Crazy Daisy Arlene's Classroom

Hi All! I’m Crazy Daisy, Katie, and this is my second year teaching and second year teaching first grade! I currently have my Bachelors in Elementary Education and I am hoping to go back to graduate school sometime in the near future to get my Masters in Education as well. My teaching journey is just beginning and I have been so blessed with opportunities to grow, learn, and develop from in the past two years. I love my job and the ministry I am apart of at my Christian school. I am so excited to finally start blogging about all the ideas I find and even create myself (along with my fabulous crazy daisy teaching partner J). It’s so funny thinking back over the past 2 years about my teaching and how I have grown. I have an amazing CrAzyDaiSy first grade, teaching partner and we will be sharing this blog together. We figured since all of our ideas are shared together anyway and are made better by each other - that we should do this together. It’s such a blessing to work with someone that teaches me to be a better teacher everyday.

As you get to know me, you’ll find out that I have a crazyJ obsession with trees. In fact my fabulous husband and I made a 3D tree this past summer for my classroom. I love everything about trees. I love the way they look and add such beauty to our creation. I sometimes step back and just stand amazed because it’s like, I CANNOT DO THAT! I cannot create something like that. I can make all the math stations and worksheets and crafts that I want but I cannot create something so beautiful and unique in every way like a tree. There is no tree alike - they may be the same type - but not the same. From the bark to the core, to the branches and leaves, to the budding blossoms in the spring - I love to think of teaching as I do about trees. Sounds funny, I know - but it is my job to help my students grow in Christ and as well as their academics and social capabilities. I have to step back and be humbled by their beauty and uniqueness. I have to also create the environment that is best for their development so that they can grow. Sure they might have to solve some problems along the way and lose some leaves, but in time the flowers do bloom and they learn from those experiences. It is my job to inspire, motivate, encourage, energize, differentiate, accommodate, make them laugh, help them solve and work out problems, and grow as Children of God.

I am married to a fabulous man and I am so lucky to have his support as I am very passionate about my job. I love the color orange and anything bright and cheerful! I LOVE trees. I love working at a place that is such a strong knit community and family. I love to play guitar, rollerblade, be outside, and create things! I am so inspired by all the teacher bloggers out there - you have given me so much inspiration this year and encourage me to be a better teacher even if you don’t know it yet!

I hope ya’ll enjoy our blog!
 Crazy Daisy Katie's Classroom!

18 comments:

  1. Hey girls, thanks for stopping by my blog!! Your classrooms look too cute!! Can't wait to see future posts :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! We just bought two of your units on TpT and they are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading about both of you and your love for the Lord. I am so excited to stop by and visit again. Even though I teach in public school, I know God is using me in the lives of each one of my kiddos...He placed them in my room for a reason. =)

    You are both blessings to the bloggy world and to me! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome, Heather. Thank you for your encouragement. We think the same thing every year, God always puts those students in your room for a reason! You are a blessing to us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I stumbled upon such an awesome blog and awesome teachers but I'm thankful. I'm a former elementary teacher and wanted to build a tree like this in my son's room. Would you mind sharing with me instructions on how to build this tree for my son? Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your classroom. Could you please give me instruction on how you made your tree? I really need one in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visit dodditup.blogspot.com to find the tree tutorial! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the dodditup.blogspot.com says I need to be invited.... Could you invite me? =) jessie@blessing-hands.org

      Delete
  8. I can't find the tutorial on the website. How did you make your tree? What is it made out of? I would love to recreate it for my own classroom. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Daisy and Katie!
    I love your tree! Can you please share the instructions on how to make it!

    Thanks,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am also looking for some helpful hints on how to make this amazing tree! Any advice? List of materials? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also looking for instructions for this amazing tree. I have been looking all over for a "free standing" version as our licensing rules will not allow things to suspend from the ceiling. I would so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello!
    i found a pic of the tree on pinterest and i can't find this on your blog
    have you publish a tutorial about this?
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really would love to recreate this tree for my library! I tried to open up dodditup.blogspot.com and it denied my access :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would really love instructions on how to create this tree for my classroom thank you

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would really love instructions about how to make this tree for my classroom. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alguien podría compartir las instrucciones para hacer este precioso árbol? Gracias de antemano.

    ReplyDelete